The school promotes and supports the development of independence, self-esteem and confidence for each young person.
Our curriculum approach involves providing:
- a high level of structure
- low arousal environment with clearly defined areas for group and individual work
- visual strategies
- specific communication programmes
- positive behaviour support programmes
- person-centred learning
- real life learning opportunities within a framework that is flexible, safe and responsive to individual needs
- opportunities to enable and empower children and young people to identify and work towards their personal aspirations
Our curriculum is based on five Engagement Values – Exploration, Realisation, Anticipation, Persistence and Initiation.