In 2020 Addington Valley Academy will be enrolling Year 7s only.
Going forward from 2021 admissions will be as follows:
All children and young people joining the school must have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) naming the school, or be referred for the purposes of being assessed for an EHCP in accordance with the Children and Families Act 2014 (Section 34).
Parents wishing their children to benefit from our provision should ask their local authority to name our school in their child’s EHCP.
The school would consider applications for children and young people whose primary need is autism and whose needs require specialist schooling.
Each application would be considered on the following indicators:
- The student’s main presenting special educational need is autism
- Delayed speech development
- Social interaction difficulties leading to social isolation
- Impulsive and unpredictable behaviour which put other children and young people, staff and peers at risk
- Extreme over reactions to everyday problems
- Learning needs as a result of or in addition to autism which impact on the development of the child
See below the school’s Admissions Procedure
See below the Trust’s Admissions Policy